De energofielen De energofielen
Ecologie en duurzame energie beslaan een breed toepassingsveld, gaande van hergebruik van materialen en machineonderdelen over isolatie; elektronica voor meten en sturen; tot en met de allernieuwste snufjes van de laatste spitstechnologie .

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

DETROIT -- Max Scherzer and Brad Ausmus both knew early on T

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Zet hier nieuwtjes maar in.
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 16-02-2019 02:35:50    Onderwerp: DETROIT -- Max Scherzer and Brad Ausmus both knew early on T Reageren met citaat

DETROIT -- Max Scherzer and Brad Ausmus both knew early on Thursday afternoon that something special might be happening. Air Max 95 Outlet Online . Their reactions were slightly different. When Scherzer struck out eight Pittsburgh batters in the first three innings, Ausmus was thinking of two of the worst days of his playing career. "Ive been the victim of two 20-strikeout games, and when he started out that fast, I was starting to wonder if he could put up a huge total," said Ausmus, who faced Roger Clemens in his 1996 20-K game and Kerry Wood two years later. "He was making pitches that looked like the ones Kerry was throwing that day." Scherzer also knew a big number was possible, but he didnt care about records. "I was thinking about it, but not for the reason you probably think," he said. "When Im getting that many strikeouts early, it means Ive throwing all four of my pitches, Im getting hitters into the kill-zone counts and Im putting them away. When thats happening, I know Im probably going to have a good day." As it turned out, Scherzer had to settle for only 14 strikeouts in eight shutout innings, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 5-2 victory. "He pitched like a Cy Young winner," Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said. "The volume of pitches that he can throw and command is impressive. I think theres 29 teams in this league that could find a spot for him at the top of their rotation." Scherzer (14-4) took another step toward a second straight American League Cy Young Award, holding Pittsburgh to three hits and two walks. Since June 22, Scherzer is 6-1 in 10 starts with a 1.78 ERA and 85 strikeouts as opposed to only 52 hits. Scherzers performance and a homer from J.D. Martinez gave the Tigers a much-needed sweep of the short two-game series and a split of the four games in the home-and-home series that started Monday in Pittsburgh. Francisco Liriano (3-9) took a tough loss for Pittsburgh, allowing two runs on three hits and four walks in six innings. He struck out nine, but wasnt able to match Scherzers brilliance. The game was a classic pitchers duel early, with Scherzer striking out 11 batters in the first five innings while Liriano hadnt allowed a hit through four. Martinez, though, changed things with a long homer off Liriano to start the fifth. Detroit posed a much bigger threat to Liriano in the next inning, loading the bases with one out. Torii Hunter struck out, but Liriano walked Martinez with his 99th pitch of the game to make it 2-0. That was enough for Scherzer, who cruised through eighth innings without much stress. "We needed a win, and our bullpen needed a break," Scherzer said. "So this was a huge game for us." The Tigers broke the game open in the eighth, scoring one run on a throwing error by Michael Martinez before Nick Castellanos added a two-run single. That became important when Gaby Sanchez hit a 2-run homer off Phil Coke in the ninth. TRAINERS ROOM Detroit: The Tigers had to make another roster move Thursday, thanks to the injuries sustained by Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Joakim Soria. Buck Farmer, who started Wednesdays game, was sent to Triple-A Toledo, while RHP Melvin Mercedes was recalled from the Mud Hens. Pittsburgh: Neil Walker has missed 11 of the last 12 games with back tightness, but Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said he isnt heading for the DL. Walker was on the on-deck circle as a pinch hitter when Thursdays game ended. SS Jordy Mercer left the game with tightness in his right forearm, and Hurdle didnt know if he would miss any time. UP NEXT Detroit: The Tigers welcome back recently traded Austin Jackson on Friday in the first of a three-game series with the Mariners. Jackson, who left in the deadline deal for David Price, will face Rick Porcello (13-7, 3.11), while James Paxton (2-0, 2.3Cool starts for Seattle. Pittsburgh: The Pirates head for the nations capital for a three-game weekend series against the Nationals. Charlie Morton (5-11, 3.62) starts for Pittsburgh in Fridays opener, while the Nationals will have Tanner Roark (11-7, 2.86) on the mound. NATHAN APOLOGIZES Tigers closer Joe Nathan apologized Tuesday for the Italian chin-flick gesture he aimed at the Comerica Park crowd Wednesday night. "I think both sides were frustrated," he said. "I was frustrated. Fans obviously were frustrated. I think for myself, I would apologize for that." Nathan, who has a 5.11 ERA, was booed by the fans during the ninth inning of Detroits win over the Pirates, and responded after the final out. COLD BATH Martinez got an ice bath after the game, but it wasnt because of his home run. He was the latest Tiger to take part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a day after Joba Chamberlain took part. Martinezs dousing was provided by Castellanos, but Martinez immediately turned the tables, calling out Castellanos as the next Tigers player to get soaked for charity. Chamberlain was a little more daring, tagging Ausmus in his list. SNIDER VERSUS THE TIGERS Travis Snider was Pittsburghs biggest weapon in the home-and-home series with Detroit. He hit .467 (7-for-15) in the four games, with six of the seven hits going for extra bases. His leadoff double in the fourth provided one of the few scoring chances against Scherzer. Air Max 95 Outlet Italia .The long-haired pivot, who joined the Alouettes midway through the CFL season and put up a 9-3 record as a starter, will be listed as the top quarterback in training camp next spring.With a full training camp under his belt, the Alouettes will see if he has what it takes to get them back to the Grey Cup game after a four-year absence. Nike Air Max 95 Vendita Online .com) - The St. http://www.airmax95outlet.it/ . Milan was held to 1-1 at home by Torino. Cagliari scored six minutes from halftime when Mauricio Pinilla blasted home from the penalty spot after Facundo Roncaglia tripped Marco Sau. The home side could have doubled its tally in stoppage time as first Fiorentina defender Stefan Savic almost scored an own goal then Albin Ekdals shot clipped the top of the upright.KAPALUA, Hawaii - Nick Taylor is still reaping the benefits of being a winner on the PGA Tour.A three-stroke victory at the Sanderson Farms Championship in November not only provided the Canadian with a nice payday and security on golfs premier circuit, it also qualified him for this weeks Hyundai Tournament of Champions.So while people in his home country suffer through a January deep freeze, Taylor will be playing high level golf in balmy Hawaiian temperatures.(The victory) still hasnt set in. Hopefully sooner rather than later, Taylor, who was born in Winnipeg and grew up in Abbotsford, B.C., said Thursday. But trying to figure things out in Maui is a good thing.Taylor earned US$720,000 for his 2014 victory, and, more importantly, a two-year playing card on the PGA Tour. Hes part of a group of six Canadians with status on the PGA Tour this year. Graham DeLaet, Mike Weir, David Hearn, Roger Sloan and Adam Hadwin are the others.The victory wrapped up a whirlwind season for the 26-year-old. He started the year with a few starts on PGA Tour Canada, and then a number of tournaments on the Web.com Tour before earning his PGA Tour card.Everything that happened were good things, but it has been so exhausting. There will be some rust this first week or two, but in the long run, I needed some time off, said Taylor, who returned to Abbotsford over Christmas. This week is very relaxed, it’s the best-case scenario to start the season.The Tournament of Champions, which begins Friday at Kapaluas Plantation Resort, features a small field of 34 golfers and no cut. Even if Taylor, the lone Canadian, finishes in last place, hell walk away with approximately $60,000.Its a far cry from the money he used to play for.Taylors rise to the winners circle on the PGA Tour could be traced back to his success on PGA Tour Canada. It allowed him to jump to the Web.com Tour, then the main tour, very quickly.PGA Tour Canada president Jeff Monday said Taylors victory at tthe Sanderson Farms Championship validated the model that was instigated when the PGA Tour took over the old Canadian Tour. Air Max 95 Saldi. .Monday said that PGA Tour Canada members always knew following a path like Taylors was a possibility, but to actually see it done just confirmed their beliefs.When you think about it, Nick was on PGA Tour Canada in September of 2013 and just over 13 months later, hes winning on the PGA Tour, he said. When you step back from that for a second, you realize that’s pretty good stuff.Taylor, who was once ranked as the top male amateur golfer in the world, hasnt let any of his recent success go to his head.Coming out as the No. 1-ranked amateur, theres great expectations a lot of times and its hard to live up to them, said Monday. But everyone Ive talked to says Nick hasnt changed one bit.Hes a quality young man, and anyone he meets he will influence them, including kids, added Scott Simmons, the CEO of Golf Canada. I would certainly call him a role model we could all be proud of.Taylor seemed ready for the challenge of being golfs newest Canadian ambassador.It wasnt until recently that people across the country recognized what I did on the PGA Tour. If people across the country are looking up to me now, its great. Ill try to do my best, he said.Taylors goals for 2015 changed after his victory. Hes now free to choose his schedule without worry, and hes gotten into a number of larger tournaments like the PGA Championship, which will be his first major as a professional.Hes also got his eyes on the Rio Olympics in 2016.I need to slowly try to build up some world-ranking points, but that would be pretty amazing, he said.For now, Taylor is enjoying the moment. Seeing how far hes come, he said its hard not to.I think for me, personally, Im ahead of the game, he said. Theres so much luck involved, you never know when youre going to win. Its been a crazy few months and I’ve exceeded expectations so far. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Zet hier nieuwtjes maar in. Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: