De energofielen De energofielen
Ecologie en duurzame energie beslaan een breed toepassingsveld, gaande van hergebruik van materialen en machineonderdelen over isolatie; elektronica voor meten en sturen; tot en met de allernieuwste snufjes van de laatste spitstechnologie .

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

- Christine Nesbitt hasnt laced up her speed skates

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Biogas
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-02-2019 06:12:34    Onderwerp: - Christine Nesbitt hasnt laced up her speed skates Reageren met citaat

CALGARY - Christine Nesbitt hasnt laced up her speed skates since the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, and isnt sure when she will again. Nike Air Max 1 Vendita .The former Olympic champion in the 1,000 metres isnt retiring, but shes delayed the start of her season. Nesbitt might not race at all this winter.The 29-year-old from London, Ont., is rehabilitating her left leg which essentially gave out on her in the months leading up to the Winter Games in February.Nesbitt captured Olympic gold in the 1,000 metres in 2010 and set a world record in the distance two years later. Shes won the 1,000 at the world single-distance championship three times.A consistent podium finisher in World Cups, Nesbitts performance suddenly went sideways in the months leading into Sochi where she finished ninth in the 1,000.I have no idea when Ill be back skating, Nesbitt told The Canadian Press on Thursday. It could be this season. The plan is to come back, but it just depends on how my body heals.Last year, I pushed myself far beyond what I should have, but it was an Olympic season. I still view it this way. I had no option. I couldnt take the year off.She believes the years of skating counter clockwise around ovals and leaning into her left leg simply took their toll at the worst possible time.Were still not really able to pinpoint what it was, Nesbitt said. We do think it was an overuse injury, so many years of being in that skating position and pushing my body really hard.When you lose strength and co-ordination in that leg, when youre turning left, you have so much more pressure on it than you do on your right leg in a crossover. Thats why I was losing my balance in races.I just wore out some parts of my body and they just were never given enough time to regenerate and heal and for the complementary muscles and tendons to get stronger and support the speedskating muscles.The 11-member Canadian long-track team announced Thursday by Speedskating Canada was smaller in number than in previous years, although 20 athletes were named to the national development team.After producing a combined 13 medals in the 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics, Canadas long-track team won two in Sochi. Denny Morrison of Fort St. John, B.C., won silver in the 1,000 and bronze in the 1,500.Nesbitt was among four women named to the team alongside Ottawas Ivanie Blondin, Reginas Kali Christ and Calgarys Kaylin Irvine.Morrison, Calgarys Gilmore Junio, Winnipegs Tyler Derraugh, Laurent Dubreuil of Levis-Saint-Etienne-de-Lauzon, Que., Reginas William Dutton, Jamie Gregg of Edmonton and Alexandre St-Jean of Quebec City make up the mens squad.Two-time Olympian Anastasia Bucsis of Calgary is taking the year off. Winnipegs Cindy Klassen, winner of five medals in 2006, did not compete last season because of concussion symptoms and will also not race this winter.Trials for Canadas World Cup teams will be Oct. 23-26 in at the Olympic Oval in Calgary, which is also the site of the 2015 world all-around championships March 7-8.Nesbitt says its possible she could be back racing in December. Shes prepared to hang up her skates for the winter if thats what it takes to return to racing and be ready for the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeonchang, South Korea.This is the least important year in a four-year cycle, so I need to make sure I can get my body healthy so I have three excellent years of training leading up to the following Olympics, and being healthy for those Olympics, she said.Nesbitt stayed away from speedskating training over the summer. To strengthen parts of her body, Nesbitt spent the summer rowing, swimming and doing sports that I either really suck at or I havent really done in a long time.Im a terrible swimmer, she continued. I sink like a rock and Im scared of putting my face in the water. Im just thrashing around, but its a good challenge mentally as well as physically.Speedskating is a really imbalanced sport. Were bottom-heavy and we only turn left. We have a huge amount of asymmetry. A huge part of getting healthy is re-balancing, getting more upper-body strength, getting more symmetry from my left side to my ride side and doing sports that open up my chest instead of crouch me over.Nesbitt is studying geography at the University of Calgary and meets regularly with her medical and sport science team for treatment and assessment.The last six weeks Ive seen a huge improvement in my body, Nesbitt said. Thats exciting, but Ive had moments this summer when Ive felt really good and pushed it for a week and it has set me back.Ive had to learn to be patient with my body, which is not something Im usually very good with. Nike Air Max 1 Offerta . The shortstop still grieves, but it will be nights like the one Segura had in a 5-2 victory Monday over the Cincinnati Reds that will provide some distraction. Air Max 1 Scontate Online . Messis father, Jorge Horacio Messi, is apparently still under investigation for an alleged 4 million euros ($5.3 million) in unpaid taxes from Messis image rights from 2007-09. Messis public relations firm confirmed Spanish media reports that the state prosecutor has asked for Messi to be dropped from the investigation that began in June 2013. http://www.airmax1scontate.it/ . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs.PARK CITY, Utah -- Hannah Kearney completed a World Cup moguls sweep Saturday night at Deer Valley Ski Resort, following her win Thursday with a 25.21-point performance. Kearney of the United States, the Olympic champion who has already qualified for the Sochi Games, won for the seventh time at Deer Valley. She won for the third time this season and 39th overall. Kazakhstaans Yulia Galysheva was second at 23. Nike Air Max 1 Uomo. 96, followed by Canadas Maxime Dufour-LaPointe at 23.74. Alex Bilodeau edged fellow Canadian Mikael Kingsbury in the mens event, finishing with 24.62 points. Kingsbury, the winner Thursday night, had 24.55 points, and Russias Alexandr Smyshlyaev was third at 23.80. American Patrick Deneen was fourth at 23.70. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Biogas Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: