De energofielen De energofielen
Ecologie en duurzame energie beslaan een breed toepassingsveld, gaande van hergebruik van materialen en machineonderdelen over isolatie; elektronica voor meten en sturen; tot en met de allernieuwste snufjes van de laatste spitstechnologie .

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

- After Serena Williams embarrassing defeat to Sim

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Biogas
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-02-2019 06:25:00    Onderwerp: - After Serena Williams embarrassing defeat to Sim Reageren met citaat

SINGAPORE - After Serena Williams embarrassing defeat to Simona Halep in the WTA Finals group stage, the American narrowed her eyes at the post-match news conference and said she was looking forward to having a chance to avenge the loss. Buy Curry Shoes Online .She didnt have to wait long. The pair will face off again on Sunday in the final of the season-ending championships after winning their semifinals on Saturday in contrasting fashion.Williams beat Caroline Wozniacki in a thrilling contest 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (6) to remain on course for a third-straight title, while Halep swept aside Agnieszka Radwanska 6-2, 6-2 to put herself in a position for the biggest title of her career.Halep beat Williams 6-0, 6-2 in the group stage, inflicting the Americans heaviest loss in 16 years, and the 18-time Grand Slam winner joked about her diminished expectations for the re-match.My goal is to win three games, Williams said. Im going to go from there. Hopefully I can hold serve — that would be good. Most of all, I hope to break once.Halep has been the form player of the tournament, dropping only 27 games across four matches against top-eight-ranked opponents, and the Romanian was justifiably confident entering Sundays final.I have to believe in my chances against her, the French Open finalist said. I can think that I have the game to beat her.I will be nervous because its the final, but I cant wait for tomorrow because my dream came true, so I have to do everything I can to win.The irony of Sundays final is that Williams only qualified for the semis because Halep lost in three sets rather than two in her final group match against Ana Ivanovic. Had the already-qualified Halep eased off and lost in straight sets, Williams would have been packing her bags.The Americans hopes of reaching the final looked just as tenuous throughout Saturdays clash with Wozniacki.The Danish player served for the match at 5-4 in the third set, but Williams broke back and prevailed in the tiebreaker on her third match point after trailing 4-1.It was a bittersweet win for Williams, who has developed a close off-court friendship with Wozniacki. The pair attended a Mariah Carey concert together on the eve of their semifinal.It was the first match I didnt feel great — if you take (sister) Venus out of the equation — where I wasnt happy after I won, Williams said.I really wanted to cry because Caro is so nice. We get along and we do so much together. Shes like my little baby sister, from a different mother, and father, and different country.Wozniacki reciprocated the affection, but being on the wrong end of a 10-1 head-to-head record meant she understandably wanted to see less of the world No. 1.I told Serena Can you just leave me alone? I love you, but stay away from the other side of the court. Quite frankly Im sick of losing to you, Wozniacki said.Twice before this year Williams had to come back from a set down to beat the Dane and she again made a slow start, taking only three points off Wozniackis serve in the opening set and the frustration showed. After the seventh game, she repeatedly smashed her racket into the court, bringing a warning from the chair umpire.I dont know how many times I hit it but, boy, that racket will never do me wrong again I tell you, Williams said. It was definitely legendary. I kind of lost my cool a little bit.Wozniacki, who had a perfect 3-0 record in the group stage, took the opening set in 26 minutes and held serve to open the second.I really thought she was going to win because she was playing so well, Williams said. She had a whole new strategy. I finally was able to kind of figure it out in the second and then I just was able to play better.It clicked today. I thought Ha! I got you now.The momentum had shifted and, three games later, Williams created her first break points of the match, converting to take a grip on the set, which ended on Wozniackis double fault.The third set went on serve until the ninth game when Wozniacki made the first break. She served for the match but was only able to save one of two set points.Williams survived a break point on her serve to go up 6-5. Wozniacki then held serve under intense pressure in the 12th game, saving one match point in a dramatic rally.She started the tiebreaker confidently, but the relentless Williams wore her down with powerful serves and groundstrokes.Being so close and still losing, it really (stinks), Wozniacki said. It was just small things, but that is why champions are champions. All of them step up when it matters. Wholesale Stephen Curry Shoes . Therrien would not confirm his lineup for the game, but he did have the same line combinations practicing together for the third straight day which is usually a pretty good indication of what the lineup will be. Cheap Curry Shoes . This time, it was Eric Chavezs turn. Stuck in a rut since coming off the disabled list, Chavez hit the first pitch he saw in the ninth inning for a run-scoring single, sending the Diamondbacks to another walk-off victory, 4-3 over the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night. http://www.discountcurryshoes.com/ . Still, Encarnacion felt a sense of relief. He felt a pop just before crumpling to the ground after running out a groundball in the first inning of Saturdays game. It could have been worse. “Its going to take maybe two weeks,” said Encarnacion. “It depends how Im going to be and how Im going to be day after day, feeling better or not.BALTIMORE -- As rain washed over Camden Yards, Brandon Workman found his happy place underneath the stadium seating bowl. Workman maintained his pitching rhythm in a batting cage during the second of two rain delays. Upon his return, the right-hander was virtually unhittable. Workman allowed one single over 6 2-3 innings, and the Boston Red Sox beat Chris Tillman and the Baltimore Orioles 1-0 on Tuesday night for their second win in eight games. Mike Napolis third-inning RBI single was all the offence the Red Sox needed to come out on the positive end of a pitchers duel for the first time this season. Boston was 0-18 when scoring fewer than three runs. Workman (1-0) walked one and struck out four in earning his first win as a starter since last July. He held the Orioles hitless until Ryan Flaherty lined a soft single to centre with two outs in the sixth. Workman had to overcome two stoppages, both in the second inning. The first lasted 15 minutes, the second 1:18. "It wasnt that bad," Workman said. "I went down and threw in the batting cage a little bit to stay loose, to stay ready." After retiring Nick Markakis to end the sixth inning, Workman got two straight outs in the seventh before being lifted. It was the longest outing of a 27-game career that includes seven starts. "He was outstanding, especially in light of the two different rain delays," Boston manager John Farrell said. "He was able to stay loose with a couple of almost simulated innings in the batting cage." Workman retired the first 13 batters before Nelson Cruz drew a walk. J.J. Hardy followed with a popup to second base, and Cruz took off for second and was easily doubled up. "Its no excuse," Cruz said. "I should know better. It shouldnt have happened." Earlier, Boston third baseman Xander Bogaerts robbed the Orioles of two potential hits in the third inning. He snagged a bunt by David Lough and threw out the fleet runner, then made a diving stab of a line drive by Flaherty. The no-hit bid gained steam later, but Workman said, "I was not really thinking about it. I was just trying to stay in the moment and keep executing pitches and keep working each batter. Not getting ahead of myself." Workman will have a hearing Friday on his appeal of a six-game suspension. Discount Curry Shoes. He was suspended after the league determined he was intentionally throwing in the "head area" of Tampa Bays Evan Longoria on May 30. If he is forced to miss time, Workman certainly went out on a high note. "Honestly, when we started back up, I thought if he got through four innings that might be enough for tonight," Farrell said. "But as efficient as he was, as strong as he was, he just kept putting up zeroes and retiring guys consecutively so we continued to stay with him." Baltimores only other hit was a single by Steve Pearce in the ninth off Koji Uehara, who earned his 13th save. Tillman (5-3) gave up one run and seven hits in six innings. It was his first loss in six starts since May 11. "Tough conditions tonight for both teams but you wont hear any excuses from us," the right-hander said Manny Machado started at third base for the Orioles despite receiving a five-game suspension and a fine for intentionally throwing his bat in Sundays game against Oakland. Machado appealed the suspension, batted second and went 0 for 4, making the final out on a strikeout. Tillman got off to a rocky start following the second rain delay. Brock Holt led off the third with a single, David Ortiz walked and Napoli delivered a two-out, opposite-field RBI single to right. Boston used three straight singles to load the bases with no outs in the fourth. Tillman struck out Holt, then got Bogaerts to bounce into a 6-4-3 double play. Over the first four innings, the Red Sox had seven hits and three walks but scored only the one run after stranding seven and hitting into two double plays. NOTES: Red Sox GM Ben Cherington said before the game that an overhaul of the roster is not yet necessary for the struggling team. "Im betting on the players we have in there," he said. ... Holt extended his hitting streak to a career-high 10 games. ... Wei-Yin Chen makes his 10th career start against the Red Sox in the series finale Wednesday night. Hes 3-3 with a 5.26 ERA. Rubby De La Rosa will start for Boston. ... Markakis 14-game hitting streak ended. ... Baltimores Chris Davis went 0 for 3 with three strikeouts. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    De energofielen -> Biogas Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: